Copyright is a legal protection afforded to original works of authorship. It safeguards the unique expression of an idea, such as the particular creative form or arrangement of a video or musical composition. However, it's important to note that copyright does not extend to safeguarding underlying ideas or factual information.
It's important to note that copyright protection covers original expressions, not ideas, procedures, operational methods, or mathematical concepts. For example, someone may have copyright protection for a particular video, but that protection does not extend to the storyline or themes depicted in the video.
In many cases, registering a work is not a mandatory step to secure copyright protection. However, registering can be advantageous, especially in jurisdictions where it might streamline dispute resolution processes.
Encountering copyright infringement on KNOWHERE
1. Click the Copyright button at the bottom of the Home page.
2. Enter your detailed description and submit.
The result of the report will be sent to your email.
In exceptional circumstances, you can send email to email@example.com for help.Please remember the following:
1. Ensure that you furnish all necessary and precise details in your submission; failure to do so might result in the rejection of your complaint.
2. To submit report, you must either be the owner of the infringed work or an authorized representative. Please include supporting documentation that verifies your ownership or authorization.
3. Deliberate submission of a false or deceptive report can potentially subject you to legal liability and damages under the laws of relevant jurisdictions.
All reports of copyright infringement will undergo a thorough review by our team of intellectual property experts. Our evaluation will include verifying if the report includes all essential details for a proper investigation and if it has been submitted by the copyright owner or an authorized representative. Should any crucial information be missing, we may contact you, and we encourage you to respond promptly to expedite the process. In the event that we confirm a copyright infringement, we will promptly remove the content from our platform. Both the reporter and the reported individual will receive notifications by email regarding the actions taken.
You will be notified via email if your content has been removed due to copyright infringement. If you believe your content was removed in error, and you have the proper authorization or rights to use the copyrighted material, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send all the necessary information, including your content and any supporting evidence to substantiate your claim, etc.
2. Obtain Proper Permissions: If you plan to use content created by someone else, it's important to obtain their permission beforehand. This can help you avoid potential copyright issues.
3. Understand Fair Use: In some situations, you may be allowed to use copyrighted content without permission under the doctrine of fair use. This typically applies to purposes like criticism, commentary, news reporting, teaching, or research.
Remember, not knowing about copyright laws is not a valid defense if you are accused of copyright infringement. It's essential to respect the intellectual property rights of others when using content on our platform.