Terms of Service
Welcome to KNOWHERE, owned and operated by INNOVART PTE. LTD. d/b/a KNOWHERE ("KNOWHERE," "we," "us", or "our''). These Terms of Service ("Terms'') govern your access to and use of the KNOWHERE website(s) (https://www.knowhere.io/) and related domains, our APIs, mobile app (the "App"), and any other software, tools, features, or functionalities provided on or in connection with our Services (as defined herein). "NFT '' in these Terms means a non-fungible token or similar digital item implemented on a blockchain (such as the Ethereum blockchain), which is irrevocably associated via smart contracts to a unique Uniform Resource Identifier JSON file containing metadata such as the name, description or image file stored on Arweave/IPFS or such other storage network and/or usage terms of the underlying intellectual property.
For purposes of these Terms, "user", "you", and "your" means you as the user of the Service. If you use the Service on behalf of a company or other entity then "you" includes you and that entity, and you represent and warrant that (a) you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to these Terms, and (b) you agree to these Terms on the entity’s behalf.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. AS OUTLINED IN SECTION 15 BELOW, THEY INCLUDE A MANDATORY ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER WHICH (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS) REQUIRE ANY DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE RESOLVED THROUGH INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN BY A JUDGE OR JURY IN COURT.
BY CLICKING TO ACCEPT AND/OR USING OUR SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND ALL OF THE TERMS INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
The Services strictly comprise a peer-to-peer social content and short video sharing service web3 service. KNOWHERE is not a wallet provider, exchange, broker, financial institution, money services business, or creditor. No NFTs buying and selling related functions are involved in the App and we also do not provide the service to display NFTs in wallet. The Services merely comprise an introduction platform and visual representation of on-chain smart contracts which help users discover and directly interact in a peer-to-peer manner with each other and NFTs available on public blockchains. We do not have custody or control over the NFTs or blockchains you are interacting with and we do not execute or effectuate purchases, transfers, or sales of NFTs. To use our Service, you must use a third-party wallet which allows you to engage in transactions on blockchains.
When you trade on-chain, you can trade a variety of crypto assets, including certain digital assets. All digital assets traded on-chain are denominated in Ether ("ETH"), United States Dollars ("USD"), Tether ("USDT"), or other cryptocurrencies. You acknowledge and agree that all transactions in digital assets on KNOWHERE are solely between you and the counterparties with whom you are dealing.
KNOWHERE is not party to any agreement between any users. You bear full responsibility for verifying the identity, legitimacy, and authenticity of NFTs that you purchase from third-party sellers via the Services and we make no claims about the identity, legitimacy, functionality, or authenticity of users or NFTs (and any content associated with such NFTs) visible on the Service.
KNOWHERE provides a decentralized blockchain-based peer-to-peer social platform which allows users to post content, interact with other users, and earn token rewards for their contributions (the Services). It allows individuals to share Web3 knowledge and monetize their internet traffic, allows projects to integrate traffic resources and acquire users, as well as allows KOLs to provide internet traffic and content output channels. Because we have a growing number of services, we sometimes need to provide additional terms for specific services (and such services are deemed part of the "Service" hereunder and shall also be subject to these Terms). Those additional terms and conditions, which are available with the relevant service, then become part of your agreement with us if you use those services. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and any additional applicable terms we may provide for a specific service, such additional terms shall control for that specific service.
KNOWHERE reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time and in our sole discretion. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will use reasonable efforts to provide notice of such changes, such as by providing notice through the Service or updating the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of these Terms. By continuing to access or use the Service, you confirm your acceptance of the revised Terms and all of the terms incorporated therein by reference effective as of the date these Terms are updated. It is your sole responsibility to review the Terms from time to time to view such changes and to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply when you access or use the Service.
Without prejudice to Section 5 hereinbelow, as between you and KNOWHERE, all content, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music on and "look and feel" of the Services, and all intellectual property rights related thereto (the "KNOWHERE Content"), are either owned or licensed by KNOWHERE, it being understood that you or your licensors will own any User Content (as defined below) you upload or transmit through the Services. Use of the KNOWHERE Content or materials on the Services for any purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms is strictly prohibited. Such content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed or otherwise exploited for any purpose whatsoever without our or, where applicable, our licensorsʼ prior written consent. We and our licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to their content.
You acknowledge and agree that we may generate revenues, increase goodwill or otherwise increase our va from your use of the Services, including, by way of example and not limitation, through the sale of advertising, sponsorships, promotions, usage data and Gifts (defined below), and except as specifically permitted by us in these Terms or in another agreement you enter into with us, you will have no right to share in any such revenue, goodwill or value whatsoever. You further acknowledge that, except as specifically permitted by us in these Terms or in another agreement you enter into with us, you (i) have no right to receive any income or other consideration from any User Content (defined below) or your use of any musical works, sound recordings or audiovisual clips made available to you on or through the Services, including in any User Content created by you, and (ii) are prohibited from exercising any rights to monetize or obtain consideration from any User Content within the Services or on any third party service.
Subject to the terms and conditions of the Terms, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non- transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, worldwide license to access and use the Services, including to download the Platform on a permitted device, and to access the KNOWHERE Content solely for your personal, non- commercial use through your use of the Services and solely in compliance with these Terms. KNOWHERE reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Services and the KNOWHERE Content. You acknowledge and agree that KNOWHERE may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
NO RIGHTS ARE LICENSED WITH RESPECT TO SOUND RECORDINGS AND THE MUSICAL WORKS EMBODIED THEREIN THAT ARE MADE AVAILABLE FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE.
You acknowledge and agree that when you view content provided by others on the Services, you are doing so at your own risk. The content on our Services is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Services.
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness or up-to-dateness of any KNOWHERE Content, including User Content. When our Service contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources. These links should not be construed as an endorsement by us of those linked sites or the information you may obtain from those sites. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to pre-screen, monitor, review or edit any content (including User Content) posted by you and other users on the Services.
Users of the Services may be permitted to upload, post or transmit (such as via a stream) or otherwise make available content through the Services including, without limitation, any text, photographs, user videos, sound recordings and the musical works embodied therein, including videos that incorporate locally stored sound recordings from your personal music library and ambient noise ("User Content"). Users of the Services may also extract all or any portion of User Content created by another user to produce additional User Content, including collaborative User Content with other users, that combine and intersperse User Content generated by more than one user. Users of the Services may also overlay music, graphics, stickers, virtual items and other elements provided by KNOWHERE ("KNOWHERE Elements") onto this User Content and transmit this User Content through the Services. The information and materials in the User Content, including User Content that includes KNOWHERE Elements, have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on the Services (including through use of the virtual gifts) do not represent our views or values.
Whenever you access or use a feature that allows you to upload or transmit User Content through the Services (including via certain third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter), or make contact with other users of the Services, you must comply with the standards set out at "User Conduct". You may also choose to upload or transmit your User Content, including User Content that includes KNOWHERE Elements, on sites or platforms hosted by third parties. If you decide to do this, you must comply with their content guidelines as well as with the standards set out at "User Conduct". As noted above, these features may not be available to all users of the Services, and we have no liability to you for limiting your right to certain features of the Services. Your user name, image, voice, and likeness may be used to identify you as the source of any of your User Content; provided, however, that your ability to provide an image, voice, and likeness may be subject to limitations due to age restrictions.
You will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
If you only own the rights in and to a sound recording, but not to the underlying musical works embodied in such sound recordings, then you must not post such sound recordings to the Services unless you have all permissions, clearances from, or are authorised by, the owner of any part of the content to submit it to the Services
You or the owner of your User Content still own the copyright in User Content sent to us, but by submitting User Content via the Services, you hereby grant us an unconditional irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, host, copy, duplicate, import, store, present, publicly display, publicly publish or perform (including by means of digital audio transmissions), modify, adapt, reproduce (and make mechanical reproductions of musical works embodied in sound recordings), create derivative works of (including synchronise to visual images), transfer, sub-license, distribute all or any part of the User Content to other users of the Services or any other third parties (including in particular and without limitation the right to authorise other users of the Services or third-parties to do the same); and KNOWHERE shall be free to use such User Content in any manner or media whatsoever, on an unrestricted basis and without any attribution or royalties or other compensation to you, including, without limitation, within or outside the website, the App or the Services, or in any digital or printed media, including for any commercial publicity and marketing purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, KNOWHERE is not obligated to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted by you.
The rights granted in the preceding paragraphs of this Section include, but are not limited to, the right to reproduce sound recordings (and make mechanical reproductions of the musical works embodied in such sound recordings), and publicly perform and communicate to the public sound recordings (and the musical works embodied therein), all on a royalty-free basis. This means that you are granting us the right to use your User Content without the obligation to pay royalties to any third party, including, but not limited to, a sound recording copyright owner (e.g., a record label), a musical work copyright owner (e.g., a music publisher), a performing rights organization (e.g., ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc.) (a "PRO"), a sound recording PRO (e.g., SoundExchange), any unions or guilds, and engineers, producers or other royalty participants involved in the creation of User Content.
Specific Rules for Musical Works and for Recording Artists. If you are a composer or author of a musical work and are affiliated with a PRO, then you must notify your PRO of the royalty-free license you grant through these Terms in your User Content to us. You are solely responsible for ensuring your compliance with the relevant PROʼs reporting obligations. If you have assigned your rights to a music publisher, then you must obtain the consent of such music publisher to grant the royalty-free license(s) set forth in these Terms in your User Content or have such music publisher enter into these Terms with us. Just because you authored a musical work (e.g., wrote a song) does not mean you have the right to grant us the licenses in these Terms. If you are recording artist under contract with a record label, then you are solely responsible for ensuring that your use of the Services is in compliance with any contractual obligations you may have to your record label, including if you create any new recordings through the Services that may be claimed by your label.
Through-To-The-Audience Rights. All of the rights you grant in your User Content in these Terms are provided on a through-to-the-audience basis, meaning the owners or operators of third party services will not have any separate liability to you or any other third party for User Content posted or used on such third party service via the Services.
Waiver of Rights to User Content. By posting User Content to or through the Services, you waive any rights to prior inspection or approval of any marketing or promotional materials related to such User Content. You also waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection with your User Content, or any portion thereof. To the extent any moral rights are not transferable or assignable, you hereby waive and agree never to assert any and all moral rights, or to support, maintain or permit any action based on any moral rights that you may have in or with respect to any User Content you Post to or through the Services.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to our Services constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We, or authorised third parties, reserve the right to cut, crop, edit or refuse to publish your content at our or their sole discretion. We have the right to remove, disallow, block or delete any posting you make on our Services if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in "User Conduct". In addition, we have the right – but not the obligation – in our sole discretion to remove, disallow, block or delete any User Content (i) that we consider to violate these Terms, or (ii) in response to complaints from other users or third parties, with or without notice and without any liability to you. As a result, we recommend that you save copies of any User Content that you post to the Services on your personal device(s) in the event that you want to ensure that you have permanent access to copies of such User Content. We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, appropriateness or quality of any User Content, and under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content.
You control whether your User Content is made publicly available on the Services to all other users of the Services or only available to people you approve. To restrict access to your User Content, you should select the privacy setting available within the Platform.
We accept no liability in respect of any content submitted by users and published by us or by authorised third parties.
For user-generated content, KNOWHERE has a comprehensive reviewing system, including AI reviewinging and manual reviewing to confirm that the content is all in line with the requirements listed in "User Conduct".
If you wish to file a complaint about information or materials uploaded by other users, report in the App or contact us at: email@example.com
We build a 7 x 24 hours Customer Service Team to use reasonable efforts to respond to feedback from users within 24 hours.
KNOWHERE takes reasonable measures to expeditiously remove from our Services any infringing material that we become aware of. It is KNOWHEREʼs policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable or terminate the accounts of users of the Services who repeatedly infringe copyrights or intellectual property rights of others.
Content generated in IM Chats: User Content includes all possible content and items you add (upload, post, share, stream, etc.) to our services includes text, links, GIFs, emoji, photos, videos, documents, or other media. If we come up with another way for you to add content to the services, it includes that too.
You don’t have any obligation to add content to the Services. If you choose to add content to the Services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to do so, that you have the right to grant the licenses in this section of these terms, and that your content is lawful. We take no responsibility for any of your content, and we are not responsible for others’ use of your content. Your content is yours, but you give us a license to it when you use KNOWHERE. Your content may be protected by certain intellectual property rights. We don’t own those. But by using our services, you grant us a license—which is a form of permission—to make improvements with your content, in accordance with applicable legal requirements, in connection with operating, developing, and improving our services.
KNOWHERE has no obligation to review, consider, or implement your Feedback, or to return to you all or part of any Feedback for any reason;
Feedback is provided on a non-confidential basis, and we are not under any obligation to keep any Feedback you send confidential or to refrain from using or disclosing it in any way;
You irrevocably grant us perpetual and unlimited permission to reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, modify, publicly perform (including on a through-to-the-audience basis), communicate to the public, make available, publicly display, and otherwise use and exploit the Feedback and derivatives thereof for any purpose and without restriction, free of charge and without attribution of any kind, including by making, using, selling, offering for sale, importing, and promoting commercial products and services that incorporate or embody Feedback, whether in whole or in part, and whether as provided or as modified.
(a) Your Content. When we say "your content" in these terms, we mean all the things you add (upload, post, share, stream, etc.) to our services. This includes text, links, GIFs, emoji, photos, videos, documents, or other media. If we come up with another way for you to add content to the services, it includes that too.
You may provide input to the Service ("Input") and receive output generated and returned by the Service based on the Input ("Output"). The Inputs and Outputs are collectively referred to as the "Content". As between the parties and to the extent permitted by applicable law, you own all Inputs. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, KNOWHERE hereby assigns to you all of its right, title and interest in and to the Outputs. This means that you may use the Content for any purpose, including commercial purposes, as long as you comply with these Terms. We may use the Content to provide and maintain the Services, to comply with applicable law, and to enforce our policies. You are responsible for the Content, including ensuring that it does not violate any applicable law or these Terms.
(b) Characters and Generations. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable laws, for any automated AI character ("Character") that you create or upload using the Service, you own all rights in that Character (and to the extent you create derivative works, you own all rights you otherwise would own in them) and any text, images or video it generates ("Generations") that are elicited directly or indirectly by you, and grant to us and to any user who elicits Generations from your Character to the fullest extent permitted under the law a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use the Character you created and any related Generations for any purpose in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed. As to a user interacting with a Character created or uploaded by another user or created or uploaded by us, the user who elicits the Generations from a Character owns all rights in those Generations and grants to both KNOWHERE and the creator(s) of the applicable Character a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use any Generations. For avoidance of doubt, violations of Acceptable Use Policy unrelated to intellectual property issues does not affect the user's intellectual property rights in any Characters or their Generations.
(c) Similarity of content. Given the nature of machine learning, outputs may not be unique across users and services may generate the same or similar outputs. For example, you might provide input to a model and receive an output. Other users may ask similar questions and receive the same response. Responses requested by and generated for other users are not considered your content.
(d) Accuracy. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are rapidly evolving areas of research. We are constantly working to improve our services to make them more accurate, reliable, safe and beneficial. Due to the probabilistic nature of machine learning, in some cases, use of our services may result in incorrect output that does not accurately reflect the fact. You should evaluate the accuracy of any output in light of your use, including through the use of human review of the output.
Like much of web3, your blockchain address functions as your "identity" for the purpose of usage of the App. Accordingly, you will need a blockchain address and a third-party wallet or email to access the Services. Your account on the service ("Account") will be associated with your blockchain or email address; however, if you want to add some flair to your KNOWHERE personal, you can add additional information, such as a profile picture, to your Account. Your Account on the App will be associated with your linked blockchain address and display the NFTs for that blockchain address (and, if applicable, any content associated with such NFTs). By using your wallet in connection with the Services, you agree that you are using that wallet under the terms and conditions of the applicable provider of the wallet. Wallets are not operated by, maintained by, or affiliated with KNOWHERE, and KNOWHERE does not have custody or control over the contents of your wallet and has no ability to retrieve or transfer its contents. KNOWHERE accepts no responsibility for, or liability to you, in connection with your use of a wallet and makes no representations or warranties regarding how the Service will operate with any specific wallet. You are solely responsible for keeping your wallet secure and you should never share your wallet credentials or seed phrase with anyone. If you discover an issue related to your wallet, please contact your wallet provider. Likewise, you are solely responsible for your Account and any associated wallet and we are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your Account or as a result of your Account or wallet being compromised. You agree to immediately notify us if you discover or otherwise suspect any security issues related to the Service or your Account (you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org).
You also represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws (e.g., local, state, federal and other laws) when using the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, by using the Services, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are not located in, ordinarily resident in, or organized under the laws of any jurisdiction that is subject to a comprehensive U.S. Government embargo ("Embargoed Jurisdiction"); (b) you are not subject to any sanctions administered by an agency of the U.S. Government, any other government, or the United Nations (collectively, "Sanctions"); (c) you are not owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by any person that is subject to Sanctions, or that is located in, ordinarily resident in, or organized under the laws of, any Embargoed Jurisdiction; (d) none of your officers, managers, directors, shareholders or authorized representatives is subject to Sanctions, or is located in, ordinarily resident in, or organized under the laws of, any Embargoed Jurisdiction, or is owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by any person that is subject to Sanctions or that is located in, ordinarily resident in, or organized under the laws of, any Embargoed Jurisdiction. You further covenant that the foregoing shall be true during the entire period of this agreement. If you access or use the Service outside Singapore, you are solely responsible for ensuring that your access and use of the Service in such country, territory or jurisdiction does not violate any applicable laws.
KNOWHERE may require you to provide additional information and documents in certain circumstances, such as at the request of any government authority, as any applicable law or regulation dictates, or to investigate a potential violation of these Terms. In such cases, KNOWHERE, in its sole discretion, may disable your Account and block your ability to access the Service until such additional information and documents are processed by KNOWHERE. If you do not provide complete and accurate information in response to such a request, KNOWHERE may refuse to restore your access to the Service.
You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, non transferable, non sublicensable, and personal license to access and use the Service provided, however, that such license is subject to your compliance with these Terms. If any software, content, or other materials owned by, controlled by, or licensed to us are distributed or made available to you as part of your use of the Service, we hereby grant you a non-commercial, personal, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, non-transferrable, and non-exclusive right and license to access and display such software, content, and materials provided to you as part of the Service (and right to download a single copy of the App onto your applicable equipment or device), in each case for the sole purpose of enabling you to use the Service as permitted by these Terms, provided that your license in any content linked to or associated with any NFTs is solely as set forth by the applicable seller or creator of such NFT.
Your access and use of the Service may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance, or repair of the Service or other actions that KNOWHERE, in its sole discretion, may elect to take.
Further, the availability of any content on the App or in connection with the Services may change from time to time, including without limitation when such content becomes limited or unavailable due to restrictions from our partners who license us that content, or for legal or policy reasons.
We require all users to be at least 18 years old. If you are at least 13 years old but under 18 years old, you may only use KNOWHERE through a parent or guardian’s Account and with their approval and oversight. That account holder is responsible for your actions using the Account. It is prohibited to use our Service if you are under 13 years old.
Users may apply to access the Services via API keys, which are unique security keys, tokens, passwords and/or other credentials, for accessing the APIs and managing users’ access to the APIs. Users may only access the APIs with the API key issued to users by KNOWHERE. Users acknowledges that access to the APIs may not always be available. Users may not sell, transfer, sublicense or otherwise disclose its API keys to any other party or use them with any other product or services or any other purpose other than that expressly permitted by KNOWHERE. Users are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of the API key. Users are fully responsible for all activities that occur using the API key, regardless of whether such activities are undertaken by users or a third party. Users are responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate information required for users’ access to the APIs. KNOWHERE may discontinue any users’ access to the APIs if such contact information is not up-to-date and/or users does not respond to communications directed to such coordinates.
Except as expressly authorized under these Terms or by KNOWHERE in writing, users agrees it shall not (and shall not permit or authorize any other person to): (a) use the APIs in any manner that is not expressly authorized by these Terms; (b) use the APIs for any illegal, unauthorized or otherwise improper purposes or (ii) in any manner which would violate these Terms or any accompanying API documentation, breach any laws, regulations, rules or orders (including those relating to virtual assets, intellectual property, data privacy, data transfer, international communications or the export of technical or personal data) or violate the rights of third parties (including rights of privacy or publicity); (c) use the APIs in a manner that, as determined by KNOWHERE in its sole discretion, exceeds reasonable request volume, constitutes excessive or abusive usage, or otherwise fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of any accompanying API documentation; (d) access the APIs for competitive analysis or disseminate performance information (including uptime, response time and/or benchmarks) relating to the APIs; (e) use the APIs in conjunction with, or combine content from the APIs with, content obtained through scraping or any other means outside the APIs; (f) interfere with, disrupt, degrade, impair, overburden or compromise the integrity of the APIs, KNOWHERE’s systems or any networks connected to the APIs or KNOWHERE’s systems (including by probing, scanning or testing their vulnerability), disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the APIs or KNOWHERE’s systems, attempt to gain unauthorized access to the APIs, KNOWHERE’s systems or any information not permitted by these Terms or circumvent any access or usage limits imposed by KNOWHERE; (g) interfere with KNOWHERE’s business practices or the way in which it licenses or distributes the APIs; (h) advertise or provide products or services primarily intended to be competitive with the business or service provided by KNOWHERE; (i) make any representations, warranties or commitments regarding the APIs or on behalf of KNOWHERE; or (j) take any action that would subject the APIs to any third-party terms, including without limitation any open source software licence terms.
The KNOWHERE Identity (KID) is a distributed, open, and extensible naming system based on the Ethereum blockchain.
KID’s job is to map human-readable names like ‘alice.kid’ to machine-readable identifiers such as Ethereum addresses, other cryptocurrency addresses, content hashes, and metadata. KID also supports ‘reverse resolution’, making it possible to associate metadata such as canonical names or interface descriptions with Ethereum addresses.
KID has similar goals to DNS, the Internet’s Domain Name Service, but has significantly different architecture due to the capabilities and constraints provided by the Ethereum blockchain. Like DNS, KID operates on a system of dot-separated hierarchical names called domains, with the owner of a domain having full control over subdomains.
Top-level domains, like ‘.kid’ and ‘.test’, are owned by smart contracts called registrars, which specify rules governing the allocation of their subdomains. Anyone may, by following the rules imposed by these registrar contracts, obtain ownership of a domain for their own use. KID also supports importing in DNS names already owned by the user for use on KID.
Because of the hierarchal nature of KID, anyone who owns a domain at any level may configure subdomains - for themselves or others - as desired. For instance, if Alice owns 'alice.kid', she can create 'pay.alice.kid' and configure it as she wishes.
You can try KID out for yourself now by using the KNOWHERE App, or by using any of the many KID enabled applications on our homepage.
NFTs may be subject to terms directly between buyers and sellers with respect to the use of the NFT content and benefits associated with a given NFT ("Purchase Terms"). For example, when you click to get more details about any of the NFTs visible on KNOWHERE, you may notice a third party link to the creator’s website. Such websites may include Purchase Terms governing the use of the NFT that you will be required to comply with. KNOWHERE is not a party to any such Purchase Terms, which are solely between the buyer and the seller. The buyer and seller are entirely responsible for communicating, promulgating, agreeing to, and enforcing Purchase Terms. You are solely responsible for reviewing such Purchase Terms.
The Service may also contain links or functionality to access or use third-party websites ("Third-Party Websites") and applications ("Third-Party Applications"), or otherwise display, include, data, information, services, applications, or materials from third parties ("Third-Party Materials"). When you click on a link to, or access and use, a Third-Party Website or Third-Party Application, though we may not warn you that you have left our Service, you are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications, and Third-Party Materials are not under the control of KNOWHERE, and may be "open" applications for which no recourse is possible. KNOWHERE is not responsible or liable for any Third-Party Websites, Third-Party Applications, and Third-Party Materials.
This is also true when you access third parties services, such as AI bot. They are completely independent of KNOWHERE. It is your choice whether to use them and whether to participate in the KNOWHERE servers that are incorporated into these services. Before doing so, you should review any terms and policies provided by the third party as they govern your use of their services. While these third parties do need to follow all policies that apply to them.
Further, do note that content provided on the App may not always be entirely accurate, complete or current and may also include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. In an effort to continue to provide users with as complete and accurate information as possible, information may be changed or updated from time to time without notice. Accordingly, you should verify all information before relying on it, and all decisions based on information contained on the App are your sole responsibility and we shall have no liability for such decisions. KNOWHERE shall not be responsible for any content or other services provided by any third party on the App, or for any payments to be made between users. Such obligations shall be the exclusive liability of the relevant user and third party issuer under their direct contractual relationship.
In connection with your use of the Services, and your interactions with other users, and third parties you agree and represent you will not engage in any illegal, unauthorised, or improper activity. We reserve the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
All information provided by or on behalf of KNOWHERE is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal, tax or financial advice. In particular, any summaries or reports on the App are provided to users for informational purposes only, and users should refrain from taking any action in reliance on any information contained in these Terms or provided by or on behalf of KNOWHERE. You acknowledge, agree, and understand that you are solely responsible for assessing whether to participate in any transaction on the App or relating to the Services. Before you decide to make any financial, legal, or other decisions relating to the App or relating to the Services, you shall conduct all appropriate due diligence and seek all appropriate legal, tax or financial advice from independent professionals in connection with the same. You acknowledge and agree that KNOWHERE does not, in any way, supervise, direct, control, or evaluate any third party on the App and accordingly cannot be responsible for any third party on the App.
- Use or attempt to use another user’s Account without authorization from such user;
- Pose as another person or entity, or use a wallet to engage in a transaction on the App that is owned or controlled, in whole or in part, by any other person;
- Claim an KNOWHERE username for the purpose of reselling it, confusing others, deriving others’ goodwill, or otherwise engage in name squatting;
- Access the Service from a different blockchain address if we’ve blocked any of your other blockchain addresses from accessing the Service, unless you have our written permission first;
- Distribute spam, including through sending unwanted NFTs to other users;
- Use the Service – including through disseminating any software or interacting with any API – that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Service in any manner;
- Bypass or ignore instructions that control access to the Service, including attempting to circumvent any rate limiting systems by using multiple API keys, directing traffic through multiple IP addresses, or otherwise obfuscating the source of traffic you send to KNOWHERE;
- Use our Service for commercial purposes inconsistent with these Terms or any other instructions;
- Use any data mining, robot, spider, crawler, scraper, script, browser extension, offline reader, or other automated means or interface not authorized by us to access the Service, extract data, or otherwise interfere with or modify the rendering of Service pages or functionality;
- Reverse engineer, duplicate, decompile, disassemble, or decode any aspect of the Service, or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any service, area, or code of the Service;
- Sell or resell the Service or attempt to circumvent any KNOWHERE fee systems;
- Engage in behaviors that have the intention or the effect of artificially causing an item or collection to appear at the top of search results, or artificially increasing view counts, favorites, or other metrics that KNOWHERE might use to sort search results;
- Use the Service or data collected from our Service for any advertising or direct marketing activity (including without limitation, email marketing, SMS marketing, and telemarketing);
- Use the Service for or in connection with money laundering, terrorist financing, or other illicit financial activity, or in any way in connection with the violation of any law or regulation that applies to you or to KNOWHERE;
- Use the Service, directly or indirectly, for, on behalf of, or for the benefit of, (a) any natural or legal person that is the subject of Sanctions; (b) any natural or legal person located in, ordinarily resident in, or organized under the laws of, any Embargoed Jurisdiction; or (c) any legal person owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by any natural or legal person located in, ordinarily resident in, or organized under the laws of, any Embargoed Jurisdiction.
- Use the Service to carry out any financial activities subject to registration or licensing, including but not limited to creating, offering, selling, or buying securities, commodities, options, or debt instruments;
- Use the Service to create, sell, or buy NFTs or other items that give owners rights to participate in an ICO or any securities offering, or that are redeemable for securities, commodities, or other financial instruments;
- Use the Service to engage in price manipulation, fraud, or other deceptive, misleading, or manipulative activity;
- Use the Service to buy, sell, or transfer stolen items, fraudulently obtained items, items taken without authorization, and/or any other illegally obtained items;
- Infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or any other rights of others;
- Create or display illegal content, such as content that may involve child sexual exploitation;
- Production or dissemination of content involving material that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, dangerous activities or self-harm;Use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including creating or displaying illegal content, such as content that may involve child sexual exploitation, or encouraging or promoting any activity that violates the Terms of Service;
- Use the Service in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the Service.
- Access or use the Services if you are not fully able and legally competent to agree to these Terms or are authorized to use the Services by your parent or legal guardian;
- Make unauthorised copies, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile or create any derivative works of the Services or any content included therein, including any files, tables or documentation (or any portion thereof) or determine or attempt to determine any source code, algorithms, methods or techniques embodied by the Services or any derivative works thereof;
- Distribute, license, transfer, or sell, in whole or in part, any of the Services or any derivative works thereof
- Market, rent or lease the Services for a fee or charge, or use the Services to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation;
- Use the Services, without our express written consent, for any commercial or unauthorized purpose, including communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation or spamming;
- Incorporate the Services or any portion thereof into any other program or product. In such case, we reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts or limit access to the Services in our sole discretion;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent you or your affiliation with any person or entity, including giving the impression that any content you upload, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise make available emanates from the Services;
- Intimidate or harass another, or promote sexually explicit material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Use or attempt to use anotherʼs account, service or system without authorisation from KNOWHERE, or create a false identity on the Services;
- Use the Services in a manner that may create a conflict of interest or undermine the purposes of the Services, such as trading reviews with other users or writing or soliciting fake reviews;
- Use the Services to upload, transmit, distribute, store or otherwise make available in any way: files that contain viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other prohibited form of solicitation;
- Disclose any private information of any third party, including addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, number and feature in the personal identity document (e.g., National Insurance numbers, passport numbers) or credit card numbers;
- Publish any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, pornographic, hateful or inflammatory;
- Publish any material that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, dangerous activities or self-harm;
- Publish any material that is deliberately designed to provoke or antagonise people, especially trolling and bullying, or is intended to harass, harm, hurt, scare, distress, embarrass or upset people;
- Publish any material that contains a threat of any kind, including threats of physical violence;
- Publish any material that is racist or discriminatory, including discrimination on the basis of someoneʼs race, religion, age, gender, disability or sexuality;
- Publish any answers, responses, comments, opinions, analysis or recommendations that you are not properly licensed or otherwise qualified to provide;
- Publish any material that, in the sole judgment of KNOWHERE, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using the Services, or which may expose KNOWHERE, the Services or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
INNOVART PTE. LTD.
Attn: Legal Department
112 ROBINSON ROAD #03-01 ROBINSON 112 SINGAPORE
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s), trademark, publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights that you claim is being infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material that is requested to be removed, including a description of the specific location (i.e., urls) on the Service of the material claimed to be infringing, so that we may locate the material;
- Your contact information – at a minimum, your full legal name (not pseudonym) and email address;
(a) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the intellectual property rights owner, its agent, or the law;
(b) A statement that the information in the notice is accurate;
(c) A statement under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the intellectual property owner of the intellectual property that is allegedly being infringed; and
(d) Your physical or electronic signature (of your full legal name).
- The value of an NFTs is subjective. Prices of NFTs are subject to volatility and fluctuations in the price of cryptocurrency can also materially and adversely affect NFT prices. You acknowledge that you fully understand this subjectivity and volatility and that you may lose money.
- A lack of use or public interest in the creation and development of distributed ecosystems could negatively impact the development of those ecosystems and related applications, and could therefore also negatively impact the potential utility of NFTs. NFT
- The regulatory regime governing blockchain technologies, non-fungible tokens, cryptocurrency, and other crypto-based items is uncertain, and new regulations or policies may materially adversely affect the development of the Service and the utility of NFTs.
- You are solely responsible for determining what, if any, taxes apply to your transactions and to withhold, collect, report, and remit the correct amounts of taxes to the appropriate tax authorities. KNOWHERE is not responsible for determining, withholding, collecting, reporting, or remitting the taxes that apply to your NFTs.
- There are risks associated with purchasing items associated with content created by third parties through peer-to-peer transactions, including but not limited to, the risk of purchasing counterfeit items, mislabeled items, items that are vulnerable to metadata decay, items on smart contracts with bugs, and items that may become untransferable. You represent and warrant that you have done sufficient research before making any decisions to sell, obtain, transfer, or otherwise interact with any NFTs or accounts/collections.
- We do not control the public blockchains that you are interacting with and we do not control certain smart contracts and protocols that may be integral to your ability to complete transactions on these public blockchains. Additionally, blockchain transactions are irreversible and KNOWHERE has no ability to reverse any transactions on the blockchain.
- There are risks associated with using Internet and blockchain based products, including, but not limited to, the risk associated with hardware, software, and Internet connections, the risk of malicious software introduction, and the risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to your third-party wallet or Account. You accept and acknowledge that KNOWHERE will not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays you may experience when using the Service or any Blockchain network, however caused.
- The Service relies on third-party platforms and/or vendors. If we are unable to maintain a good relationship with such platform providers and/or vendors; if the terms and conditions or pricing of such platform providers and/or vendors change; if we violate or cannot comply with the terms and conditions of such platforms and/or vendors; or if any of such platforms and/or vendors loses market share or falls out of favor or is unavailable for a prolonged period of time, access to and use of the Service will suffer.
- KNOWHERE reserves the right to hide collections, contracts, and items affected by any of these issues or by other issues. Items you purchase may become inaccessible on KNOWHERE. Under no circumstances shall the inability to view items on KNOWHERE or an inability to use the Service in conjunction with the purchase, sale, or transfer of items available on any blockchains serve as grounds for a claim against KNOWHERE.
- If you have a dispute with one or more users, YOU RELEASE US FROM CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES. IN ENTERING INTO THIS RELEASE YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY PROTECTIONS (WHETHER STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE) THAT WOULD OTHERWISE LIMIT THE COVERAGE OF THIS RELEASE TO INCLUDE THOSE CLAIMS WHICH YOU MAY KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN YOUR FAVOR AT THE TIME OF AGREEING TO THIS RELEASE.
By agreeing to these Terms and accessing the Service, you agree, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless KNOWHERE, and our respective past, present, and future employees, officers, directors, contractors, consultants, equity holders, suppliers, vendors, service providers, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, predecessors, successors, and assigns (individually and collectively, the "KNOWHERE Parties"), from and against all actual or alleged claims, damages, awards, judgments, losses, liabilities, obligations, taxes, penalties, interest, fees, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and expenses), and costs (including, without limitation, court costs, costs of settlement, and costs of pursuing indemnification and insurance), of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, matured or unmatured, or suspected or unsuspected, in law or equity, whether in tort, contract, or otherwise (collectively, "Claims"), including, but not limited to, damages to property or personal injury, that are caused by, arise out of or are related to (a) your use or misuse of the Service, content, NFTs, or content linked to or associated with any NFTs (b) any Feedback you provide, (c) your violation or breach of any term of these Terms or applicable law, and (d) your violation of the rights of or obligations to a third party, including another user or third-party, and (e) your negligence or wilful misconduct. You agree to promptly notify KNOWHERE of any Claims and cooperate with the KNOWHERE Parties in defending such Claims. You further agree that the KNOWHERE Parties shall have control of the defense or settlement of any Claims. THIS INDEMNITY IS IN ADDITION TO, AND NOT IN LIEU OF, ANY OTHER INDEMNITIES SET FORTH IN A WRITTEN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND KNOWHERE.
Dispute Resolution. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this section carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with KNOWHERE and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us. This section does not govern disputes between users or between users and third parties. KNOWHERE does not provide dispute resolution services for such disagreements and the parties must resolve those disputes directly.
Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute, controversy, or claim relating in any way to your access or use of the Service, to any products sold or distributed through the Service, or to any aspect of your relationship with KNOWHERE, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, including threshold questions of the arbitrability of such dispute, controversy, or claim except that you or KNOWHERE may seek injunctive or equitable relief in a court of proper jurisdiction if the claim relates to intellectual property infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
Dispute resolution process. You and KNOWHERE both agree to engage in good-faith efforts to resolve disputes prior to either party initiating an arbitration, small claims court proceeding, or equitable relief for intellectual property infringement. You must initiate this dispute resolution process by sending a letter describing the nature of your claim and desired resolution to: KNOWHERE, Attn: Legal Department. Both parties agree to meet and confer personally, by telephone, or by video conference (hereinafter "Conference") to discuss the dispute and attempt in good faith to reach a mutually beneficial outcome that avoids the expenses of arbitration or, where applicable, litigation. If you are represented by counsel, your counsel may participate in the Conference as well, but you agree to fully participate in the Conference. Likewise, if KNOWHERE is represented by counsel, its counsel may participate in the Conference as well, but KNOWHERE agrees to have a company representative fully participate in the Conference. The statute of limitations and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled while the parties engage in the informal dispute resolution process and Conference required by this paragraph. If the parties do not reach agreement to resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days after initiation of this dispute resolution process, either party may commence arbitration or file a claim for injunctive or equitable relief in a court of proper jurisdiction for matters relating to intellectual property infringement, if the claims qualify.
Arbitration Rules and Forum. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms (including without limitation the enforceability of this Section 15 or any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, your access or use of the App, the website, or the Services, or to any products sold or distributed through the App, the website, or the Services) shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre ("SIAC") in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre ("SIAC Rules") for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this Section 15. The seat of the arbitration shall be Singapore. The Tribunal shall consist of 1 arbitrator. The language of the arbitration shall be English. The award of the arbitrator will be final and binding, and any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Each party will cover its own fees and costs associated with the arbitration proceedings. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company may seek and obtain injunctive relief in any jurisdiction in any court of competent jurisdiction, and you agree that these Terms are specifically enforceable by the Company through injunctive relief and other equitable remedies without proof of monetary damages.
Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to (a) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement and (b) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and KNOWHERE. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and these Terms. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND KNOWHERE HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and KNOWHERE are instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in the second bullet of this section. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow these Terms as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
Waiver of Class Actions and Class Arbitrations. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A REPRESENTATIVE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PAGA) OR COLLECTIVE CLASS BASIS. ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE USER, PERSON, OR ENTITY CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER USER, PERSON, OR ENTITY. Accordingly, under the arbitration procedures outlined in this section, an arbitrator shall not combine or consolidate more than one party’s claims without the written consent of all affected parties to an arbitration proceeding. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you and KNOWHERE agree that no dispute shall proceed by way of class arbitration without the written consent of all affected parties. If a decision is issued stating that applicable law precludes enforcement of any part of this subsection’s limitations as to a given claim for relief, then that claim must be severed from the arbitration and brought before a Singapore court.
Severability. Except as provided in this Section, if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with KNOWHERE.
Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if KNOWHERE makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, you may reject that change within thirty (30) days of such change becoming effective by writing to KNOWHERE at the following address: KNOWHERE, Attn: Legal Department.